Canyoning is a unique outdoor activity which is adventurous but gives you a feeling that nothing else can.
In case you are hearing this word for the first time, Canyoning is you jump into a fast flowing water stream, and just go with the flow without showing any resistance or resilience to the power of the water.
Check out this rock climbing blog: http://thesmartlad.com/rock-climbing-blog
As the introduction has already painted a very well explained picture, this gives you a unique experience of freedom that nothing can beat.
But it is dangerous and challenging as well. Which is why you need to take care f following things:
1) Study well before going for it. I suggest reading a guidebook or do proper desktop research to equip yourself well with knowledge.
2) Avoid taking any electronic gadgets or cellphone with you. As you are about to get into the fast flowing water, anything without waterproofing qualities is a big NO to take with you.
3) You are dealing with water, doesn’t mean you should not take care of your skin. So do apply moisturizer and sunblock especially to keep your skin as protected and safe as possible.
4) Try to wear a helmet. It can be uncomfortable and hard, but it will protect you and secure from the rocks and stones that will be coming your way. It can be uncomfortable but beneficial for your safety and well-being.
5) Bring extra stuff with you like a towel, shoes, shirts, etc. Anything wet can be irritating; you will need to change afterwards.